Quick and Easy Bread Recipe

I recently started searching for a quick and simple homemade bread recipe. It had been a long time since I had baked any homemade bread, and I love the smell of homemade bread baking and the delicious warm melted butter on a fresh slice of bread just out of the oven.  My Mother-in-law has a recipe that she bakes regularly, and it is so delicious that I was inspired to try my hand at bread making again.

In the past it has been impractical to make bread because of the time involved, the measuring, mixing, kneading, rising, kneading some more, rising again, and then the baking time. For me, it is time consuming and I already have too many things demanding my time as it is {I'm sure many can relate}. Needless to say, my ever trusty bread machine is packed up in storage until we complete the house and move in, and so that route is not an option right now either.

So a month or two ago, I searched and found a quick and easy bread recipe. I tweaked it to fit the ingredients that I regularly have on hand, and I have been making it quite often ever since.  In case you'd like a simple, yet delicious bread recipe, I've included the link to the original recipe here http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/whole-wheat-bread-recipe.html and I'm adding my own as well, below.

Quick and Easy Bread Recipe

1 1/4 cups of warm water
1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
3 Tbsp. local raw honey {or raw sugar}
2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour {or you can do half whole wheat/half unbleached wheat}
1 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp. olive oil {or coconut oil}
1 tsp. liquid vitamin C {this acts as a dough conditioner}
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar

Directions:
In a 2 cup glass measuring cup place warm water, honey, and yeast. Let stand about 5 minutes.
In a separate large bowl whisk together flour and salt.  After letting stand 5 minutes, add olive oil, liquid vitamin C, and apple cider vinegar to the yeast mixture.  Pour wet ingredients over flour and mix with a whisk until it begins to thicken and becomes difficult to mix.  Use your hands or a wooden spoon to continue to mix the dough. After it is smooth, place in a greased bread pan. Let rise in a warm area for around 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrease.  Bake bread for 30-35 minutes uncovered.  Let stand 5-10 minutes before removing from pan. Slice and enjoy! Makes 1 loaf.

Comments

Popular Posts